Researchers note that a sugar dating has become not only a common practice in society, but an accepted and encouraged one. However, it’s crucially important to have realistic expectations about it and understand how this type of dating actually works, and that’s what we are going to discuss in this post.
What is sugar dating?
So, what is a sugar dating meaning? It is a mutually beneficial arrangement between two parties, a sugar baby and a sugar daddy, based on companionship and often intimacy and financial support of sugar babies. It shouldn’t be confused with sex work—sex often is one of the essentials, but it doesn’t come first. Sex and nothing but sex for money has nothing to do with sugar dating—sugar relationship is about dates, conversations, getting closer to each other, and chemistry, and not only about intimacy. In most cases, sugar daddies are successful men who are ready to pay a monthly allowance or pay per meet who want to date young attractive ladies, sugar babies.
Researchers who refer to the statistics of SeekingArrangement (the world’s largest sugar dating platform with over 20 million members worldwide) note that most sugar babies are twenty-something, university-going women, and sugar daddies are wealthy and middle-aged men.
How common sugar relationships are in the US
As we have noted above, it’s pretty common and is becoming more and more popular. About 5% of American men act like sugar daddies, and the number of sugar babies is even larger. For example, there are over 1,300 sugar babies who study at Georgia State University in Atlanta, and that’s just one university. There are millions of sugar babies in the country, and not all of them are students—many young specialists have sugar daddies that help them get things they could never afford without a benefactor.
Why do people prefer sugar daddies dating?
Why does a young and attractive woman prefer dating sugar daddy? Why do successful men choose sugar baby dating? Of course, they have different reasons to choose this type of relationship, so let’s take a closer look at all of them.
What is sugar baby dating and why does it work for men?
- This is a relationship without guilt, pressure, and too high expectations
- They can skip that courtship stage that can last for months
- It’s an opportunity to date much younger women
- It’s an opportunity to save a lot of time
Why is dating a sugar daddy beneficial to sugar babies?
- They can get things they could never afford
- They can travel without spending a penny
- Sugar daddies are often less demanding than boyfriends and are not as jealous
- Sugar babies can save a lot of time and spend it learning something new and building a career
It’s important to note that such a relationship is also beneficial to both parties not only because they get what they want, for example, intimacy and money, but also in most cases, such relationships are started only if there is chemistry and both partners enjoy the time they spend together.
Pros & cons of sugar dating
Nevertheless, sugar baby/daddy dating has both its pros and cons. Let’s take a look at the most important benefits and drawbacks of sugar relationships.
Pros of sugar relationships are the following:
- Sugar baby gets financial support, and sugar daddy can enjoy a relationship with a young and attractive woman
- Sugar daddies are often sugar babies’ mentors
- In most cases, couples really like spending time together
- Both babies and daddies can be honest with each other
- There is an opportunity to start a discreet relationship
- It works for attached or married sugar babies and daddies, too
Cons of sugar relationships:
- Sugar babies can meet Splenda daddies (who can pay less) or Salt daddies (who are not going to pay and are interested in sex only.)
- There are no guarantees—there is always a chance that a baby/daddy won’t like the potential partner.
- Both sugar babies and daddies spend pretty much time online before they find a decent match.
Do the pros outweigh the cons? For many people, they do. For some, cons are more important. After all, it’s always up to you.
Sugar daddies/sugar babies dating is becoming more and more common. However, it may work for some people or be a fairly bad experience for others. The secret is to learn everything about it and make the right decision for you personally.